Monday, August 30, 2004
dannyboy 5:33 PM
I bought a dustbuster! I can't wait to get home and vacuum!
Saturday, August 28, 2004
dannyboy 10:58 PM
Tonight was bewildering. My father has been in town visiting my grandparents, and we along with two sets of aunts and uncles went out to dinner in San Jose. We do this about once a year, and it's about as much as I can handle. There are a bunch of random thoughts swimming in my head right now.
1. Everytime I see my grandparents, my grandfather especially, I get very very sad. He's 87. It's fucking amazing. He's still all there, and they live on their own. You have to realize that when I look at him, I see myself in 60 years. It's a mixed bag. He's bald. As are all the men in my family, BOTH sides. But I'm ok with that. I get sad because he lives an hour away and I see him once a year. Always in the back of my mind is the fear that the next time I see him he will be dead. But whenever I do see him, it's a miserable time--because my Chinese is terrible and his english is very limited. I completely shut down and all I can manage to do is nod.
2. My father's brother--my aunt and uncle--I want to be them when I am old. He is 65. You know how you meet couples and know immediately they have a good relationship? Happiness, as two people. He wants to take me fly fishing. I think this will happen, despite my pathological inability to have any kind of relationship with any of my relatives.
3. Buffets, of any kind, should not be allowed. Doubly so if it is a sushi buffet. Normal buffets (which my family is inordinately fond of) only end up being demeaning to everyone involved. Sushi buffets have the added benefit of being physically dangerous. Just. I mean. Can you imagine? Against all my better judgment, and survival instincts, I loaded up on salmon nigiri. I remember a story Lisa once told me in college, about a "sushi party" her dorm-mates had. (She was in charge of rice because she is Asian). These girls bought supermarket fish and cut it up themselves. I think Lisa cowered in the corner through the whole thing, which is what I should have done at the restaurant. It didn't help any that I had a very good $30 sushi dinner the night before.
4. I usually get my pockets stuffed with money when these reunions happen, but tonight was the first time I've gotten a check.
5. I wish I could talk to my grandfather. He is impatient. He kept asking why we weren't leaving for dinner yet, and at dinner he was the first one done and ready to go, and at my uncle's house for tea, he kept looking at his watch. He doesn't have time for bullshit. He's a good man. At dinner, the majority of the older folks were worried about mad cow and avoided beef, but grandma doesn't give a fuck. Good. She's a had a long life, she deserves to eat whatever she wants. Besides, it's like a 7 year incubation, so really, go nuts grandma.
Friday, August 27, 2004
dannyboy 4:19 PM
Jessie and I want you to buy her stuff.
dannyboy 3:38 PM
Interesting article about the fire, subsequent sale, and history of the 30-room Pittsburgh mansion I lived in during college. You should care because it involves Andy Warhol and Hannibal from the A-Team.
dannyboy 1:46 PM
There comes a special moment between friends when you realize you can use terms like 'atm' with the trust that the other person will understand it not to mean 'automatic teller machine'. A special, filthy, moment.
Thursday, August 26, 2004
dannyboy 11:47 AM
HOTT SEXXAY hidden bathroom camera action!!1! Surprisingly SFW. Via Andy
Wednesday, August 25, 2004
dannyboy 9:59 AM
I had a dream last night (before I woke at 5am to battle the mosquitoes) that I took my mom's cat and wrote her address and phone number in sharpie on her otherwise unmarked flea collar. My mom sent an email this morning to say Pepper went missing last night, and to pray for her furry soul. I hope she turns up. Everything I know about women, I learned from that cat.
dannyboy 5:49 AM
AUGGH!! ANOTHER ONE?! You fucking cocksuckers
dannyboy 5:32 AM
AHA!! The day is MINE you dirty mosquito bastard!! YOU BURN IN HELL
Monday, August 23, 2004
dannyboy 9:17 AM
I swear to you now, if it ever comes within my power to do so, I will eradicate the whole of our planet of every last mosquito. Delicate ecological balance be damned. NO ONE ELSE in ALL of San Francisco has mosquitoes, but I do. Serenity! Now!
Saturday, August 21, 2004
dannyboy 9:02 PM
I want to stay out late, really late. And drink.
Wednesday, August 18, 2004
moxy 10:15 PM
GOOG. Is the Nasdaq ready?
Good luck, Google!
Sunday, August 15, 2004
dannyboy 11:14 PM
dannyboy 9:39 PM
SOUP OR SALAD: Have you ever felt like all the choices you've made were wrong? That sounds like the tagline to a movie. That is what I want. I want to know the alternate outcomes of all the decisions I've made. I want to be driven mad.
Wednesday, August 11, 2004
dannyboy 12:12 AM
Monday, August 09, 2004
J.Ro 3:46 PM
I am always right, and she is always wrong.
Tuesday, August 03, 2004
moxy 12:02 PM
Oh. My. Goodness. For hours of entertainment while killing time at work: Dogster.com, where every dog has a homepage.
(And for the felines, Catster.com is on its way.)